Sunday, May 3, 2009

Congratulations Emma ...




Dear Emma,


I'm always proud to be your mom. Every day. There are many reasons why ... none the least of which is your sense of responsibility. You amaze me with how helpful you are with Cooper and I can always count on you to be the first one done with ALL of your chores in the morning.

This week, your teacher recognized that trait and honored you "character kid of the month" for responsibility. To you, it's not a big deal. As you put it, "it's a certificate and a free pencil." But ... a different teacher gave you the same award last year. To me, it's a sign we're on the right track.

Today, at the SWAC banquet, you received a medal for completing your IMX challenge. Even though you tried to hide your enthusiasm (because you are a COOL eight year old), I noticed you wore it all evening then placed it on your headboard - right next to your pillow.

I'm pretty proud of that medal too ... but not for the same reasons you are. Sure, it's great that you improved your strokes enough to legally complete all of those events. But I'm more proud of you for doing the work. Each week. Even when you didn't feel like it.... or when I didn't.

That's responsibility. That's the kind of stuff that parents and teachers notice ... remember ... and are proud to be a part of. Way to do the work kiddo.

Now, can we talk about your room for a minute???

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yep, Mama. You're on the right track with that one. :)