Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...2011



I am blessed to have a mother...be a mother...and know mothers....as well as mothers to be.


Many women of different ages, ethnicities, origins, religion, circumstances and situations have crossed my path over my 40 years. All have shaped me into the woman and mother I am today. All have had a lesson to pass along in some way... and for that, I am grateful.


I am thankful every day for the four blessings God has brought into our lives and especially today, when they joyfully bring me overflowing coffee cups, hand-drawn pictures, heartfelt cards and their best behavior (for half the day anyway). I know it won't always be this way. But today it is.


Many women who have graced my life and touched my heart are not celebrating in the same way I am today. Some have unborn children. Others can not hold their children today. Some don't have the monetary options or support to buy groceries for a favorite meal.


It doesn't make them any less a mother.


God bless those of us who have been graced with this tremendous task. It is as close to God's work as we will ever come.


From the girls in our house to those in yours,



Happy Mother's Day

No comments: