Saturday, December 4, 2010

Proud of You Guys ....

Dear Emma, Grayson, and Claire,

We've been here in North Carolina almost six months now. I know how hard it was for you to leave. I know where part of your heart still is. I realize your school was comfortable and familiar and that you knew what was expected of you.

But I want you to know how proud I am of you. You have risen to the occasion on so many levels. You have stretched and grown in ways I hadn't expected. You are stronger than you know.

I am especially proud of your efforts at school. All of you are gifted differently ... and I am happy to see you utilizing them. While grades are important ... equally as important are the character traits described by your teachers. Academics are only a (small) part of who makes you who you are. A kind and giving spirit will always give you more happiness than straight A's.

Thank you for believing in yourselves and in us as a family. We know we've rocked your world a few times. Thank you for rocking ours.

Love,
Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Sarah said...

two thumbs up, and one little tear