Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Kind of Time Share ....




I decided to win some "Mother of the Year Points" from Claire by volunteering to keep Lucky the class guinea pig for a portion of track out. I felt pretty sure that I would immediately feel validated in my litany of "THIS is why we would NEVER have a guinea pig...." and that the kids would concur.

I thought a guinea pig would smell (not a bit), keep us awake all night (haven't even heard the little guy), and be not at all fun (turns out he is rather charming). He is really people oriented, makes little noises when you talk to him, and takes vegetables from your hand rather daintily.

And did I mention ... he is not at all fazed by our occasionally boisterous household? This must seem tranquil after being surrounded by a classroom of Kindergarteners.

At the end of four days, the kids may be sad to see him go. If they are, there are two or three trackouts left. We may be able to book the same timeshare for December!

1 comment:

Myah said...

We babysat my friend's 2 hamsters, and I kind of fell in love. :) They're cute! The kids LOVED them. We like to pet sit so we don't have to commit! :)