Monday, November 16, 2009

It's the Simple Things You Miss...




when you don't have it. Heat. Hot water. A pediatrician's office that provides the H1N1 vaccinations without having to drive 15 miles and stand in line 2-4 hours with four kids. Ahem.

You can see why I chose to look at these pictures today. I took them a while ago and forgot about them. After a rough 24 hours, I found myself needing to laugh. The longer I looked at them, the more I realized something. The things we take for granted. Heat. Hot water. Medical care.

I've been inconvenienced. The over-abundance of blessings that make up my life are all still there. But instead of counting them, I've been dwelling on something else.

I'm glad God called me to look over these pictures of the two busiest boys on earth. They got me back on track.

It's the simple things you (almost) miss.

2 comments:

Marci @Finding Joy in the Journey said...

And there you go...as quick a it hits the Big Guy tells you to stop whining and see the joy. There are somedays that I ask him to just let me wallow a bit longer. =)

Those are two handsome little men!

Myah said...

I love looking back at pictures. It makes everything all better.