Monday, July 20, 2009

Chaos.... Or Lakeside Dining?




Depends on who you ask.

We (and by we, I mean my husband) have been remodelling the kitchen (just flooring and appliances) for the past few weeks. This led to painting the hallway, installing new light fixtures, etc. You know how that goes.

We (now I mean me) were really hoping the bulk of it would be ready by tonight. I'm the July host for Mah Jong...... and I really didn't want to make 12 ladies sit on the floor.

By the grace of God and the never-ending work ethic of my hubby, it is finished!!! And we love it.

I haven't taken all the before and after pics yet, but I did learn a very important lesson through all this. When I got frustrated and irritated that nothing is where it should be... and I couldn't feed all of the kids at the kitchen table .... I finally adopted the attitude the kids had.

They were beyond thrilled to eat outside. They called it a picnic, lakeside dining, and commented on the fresh air and the view for a week straight. No complaints about the picnic food fare either. They definitely had the right perspective when I did not.

I may have to listen to them more often.

3 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I love the new floors! Way to go Monte!

Teresa said...

I love the floor and the color of your kitchen ~ it totally matches our family room ~ it is beautiful!!! Outside dining or chaos ~ I vote for outside dining!!!

Anonymous said...

Granite is a natural stone which is quite unique since, unlike man-made materials, these natural stones will show a variation in colour and texture to be used as kitchen worktops. With this in mind, the remodeling of your kitchen will gave it a beautiful look by the use of granite.