Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hillary Was Right About Something ...

... it really does take a village to raise a child. I imagine it takes a small city to raise four children. If you don't live close enough to family, that village had better be full of amazing selfless people. It is.

As we prepare to leave this village and settle in the next one, I can't help but look back and thank all those people who have left indelible marks on us ... and our children. Especially when Monte has been gone. You have called, stopped by, sent cards, delivered dinner, taken the kids to preschool, play dates, ballet, and watched them during marathon swim meets - taking the time to text me their times when I couldn't be there to cheer them on.

You've listened to me when I didn't think I could show the house one more time, leave one more neighborhood, or join one more church. You've reminded me there are good people everywhere ... and then proven it.

To the friends and family in all our villages - we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you know how much you mean to us.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

(teary-eyed) It was our pleasure.

Teresa said...

You have been a blessing to soooo many people and we have loved having you all as Hoosiers even if was for a brief time. We can't wait to see what God has in store for you next and we will all be here to cheer you on! Love, Prayers and Hugs:)