Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Introducing ... our 3rd and 1st graders.....




We all thought this day would NEVER come. Emma was convinced the bus would be late. Grayson was positive he'd remain a kindergartner forever. Claire was just mad everyone else was starting school and she would remain here with me (and Cooper) with NOTHING to do.

But alas ... at 8:50... the yellow bus to freedom arrived and took the entire gaggle of neighborhood kids to Covington. First in line were my 3rd and 1st graders.

They were all about the first day of school picture. But there were some changes this year that mark the onset of "I care about what my friends think."

Note Grayson's spiky hair cut. His "I'm no longer low man on the totem pole" stance. His cool outfit. That matches. With nary a stain.

Emma's hair. It has to be down. An accessory is a must. It must have taken 10 minutes to get the scarf "just right." The shirt is new. So the pants have to be old. I guess there is some sort of rule about that these days.

Claire and Cooper have been a bit beside themselves today. They miss them. I admit... I have too. Aside from the grocery store run with (only) two kids, it just hasn't been the same around here. Good thing the bus comes in 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

I can't believe how grown up they are. WOW! It's too bad you're not closer....Charlotte, Cooper and Claire could get together for a little pity party. Caroline going to school has been a little rough for her little sister.

Unknown said...

Hi Amy!
I found your blog through Marci's. I can't believe how grown up Emma looks. Missing you here in Morton. Allison still talks about her friends from preschool and Emma with the red hair. :) She is still such a doll. You have a beautiful family! Glad you are all doing so well.

Wendy

Teresa said...

That first day of school is such a bag of mixed emotions ~ it's nice to have the structure back on some ways but ohhhhh we miss them when they go back!! I totally love Coopers hair cut and Emmas hair is just beautiful ~ totally love the outfits too:) I hope they have a great year!!!

Susan said...

Wow, they have gotten so big. Samantha is counting down until school starts, only 8 more days!