Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Congratulations Hannah


My cousin's daughter is heading off to college tomorrow. I'd like to say a few things to her and her family before she goes.

Hannah - you are a beautiful and talented young woman. It has been an honor and a privilege to watch you grow into the adult you are. My children look up to you as a cousin and a mentor. No pressure...

You are more ready than most to take on this college thing. That being said, it won't be easy. So much adjustment... so many challenges. Trust your instincts, your core values, and "what your mama taught ya." Everyone that knows you believes you can .. and knows you will.

Kim, Jim, Daniel and Olivia (and Alex too) ... you have done an amazing job as a family. I'll be thinking of all of you tomorrow. And Olivia ... it is considered polite to wait 24 hours before pilfering any of Hannah's stuff from her room. Just so you know.

Wow. This is all so exciting. And terrifying. Makes me glad all I'm tackling this week is getting the right school shoes.

No comments: