Friday, November 30, 2007

There Goes My Mother of the Year Award....


The word has gotten out a little bit about the blog and people have been really kind so far. However, one good friend had enough faith in our friendship to ask "Where is the evil Amy? It all seems so sweet so far." Indeed. That lasted until about midnight last night.

Monte and I were chatting about something (GE related I think) and suddenly Claire's screams from the top of the stairs had us dashing to the second floor. There she stood, still completely asleep and peeing in a huge puddle (to her credit, not even a stitch of her nightgown was wet). Bad dream. For all of us. Ever tried running the carpet shampoo machine at midnight while not trying to wake up three kids? God love my husband. He was up to the challenge.

I didn't sleep well last night after that, so I was pretty groggy this morning. This being Friday morning, I had to get to work and all the kids were going to various schools. Fun time even in the best of circumstances. Claire WHINED for her second bowl of Cocoa Puffs. I protested then caved. I am going through coffee withdrawl - more on that later. I took a baggie from the pantry and poured it into the leftover milk. She tried it then started WHINING that it tasted bad. You all know how much tolerance I have for morning whining - zippo. I (gently) informed her she had to eat it - since she asked for it. I then went into some diatribe about wasting, etc. She cried harder - saying it smelled yucky too. I then resorted to the "mommy standby" when the kids won't eat something - "Fine - I will eat it." I (gently) procured the spoon and attempted a bite. The smell was obviously not of Cocoa Puff origin. Can anybody decipher the contents of the OTHER plastic bag next to the Cocoa Puffs?

If not, I'll give you a hint. Wrigley was awfully excited about Claire's Cocoa Puffs. Yep.

Claire accepted my many rounds of apologies readily. She's also had several pieces of Halloween candy.

I withdraw my self-nomination for Mother of the Year.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Even Mommies of the year have to slip up too from time to time. This was pretty funny, though. When she's 17 and trying to get back at you, Claire can shout back... "Remember when you made me eat dog food?!?!?" My sister has used this tactic with my mother. "Remember when I was two and you dropped me down a flight of stairs and I had to have stitches and it left this scar?" while pointing at her chin.

Sarah said...

I stopped by my parents' house on the way home from work tonight. My mom wanted to check out your blog tonight to see who this Amy is that I've been talking about. I had her read this post and she got a really big laugh out of it. Thanks for being our evening entertainment!