Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Fast Forward.....

Every parent has moments that make us stop. in. our. tracks. This morning was one of them for me.

It was hardly a profound or unusual setting. It was over bowls of cereal - in between various morning duties. I was only on my first cup of coffee. Here's a sampling of what I overheard:

Emma - "Hey Mom, after school can you help me make a spreadsheet of the different countries' medal winnings from the Olympics?" (Oh sure... right after I learn HOW to make a spreadsheet.)

Grayson - "Look - I made Florida out of my Cheerios. Florida is a peninsula."

Claire - Mom, what time are my (kindergarten) shots?" (Same time as Cooper's 18 month checkup)

Amidst the chaos, I just stopped. Whose life am I living? When did Emma learn to make spreadsheets for fun? How long has Grayson been using four syllable words? Is Claire REALLY going to Kindergarten in mere months? 18 month checkup?????

It's all good stuff. Exciting stuff. As long as we get to hit the pause button every once in a while.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

thanks for the reminder, i need to make my lil' a 18 mo old check up, when did our babies to be 1.5 years?

Sarah said...

waaa? spreadsheet? and this was Emma's idea, right? if it wasn't... I'd have words for the teacher that thought this was a good idea. words, I tell you.