Monday, October 26, 2009

Vile





I am beginning to see how being an aunt or uncle could be a lot of fun. I've not experienced the pleasure of buying the loudest or most obnoxious toy or letting a kiddo have WAY too much candy, cookies, etc. before dinner. But I just might be getting my chance.

Sarah and Kevin (friends extraordinaire) brought these to my kids for our pre-Halloween gathering. Gummy creatures. The size of dinner plates. Octopus tentacles, centipedes, and other squid-like rubbery nastiness that make squeaky sounds when you bite into them. Eeewww. Revolting.

The kids LITERALLY ate them up. I've heard little else but how cool Kevin and Sarah are. Amidst complaints that we would never buy them something like that.

Yep. I smiled at Kevin and Sarah as I handed over the perfectly sized little bundle of Halloween goodness to their little Yoda. But all of you know what I was thinking about.... the Christmas present. Oh yes, revenge will be mine. And it will be sweet.

No comments: