Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beach Babes (and babies).... Part Two






It's been a week since we got back home from our trip to the beach ... and I just found SAND (again) when doing laundry. Does sand reproduce?

I don't think I can explain how cathartic the water is for all of us. I have always loved the water... river, lake, pool, or ocean ... it's calming effects, rhythmic sounds, smells. It was just incredible to see how the kids reacted to it. We could have stayed several more hours and they wouldn't have tired of it. It was hypnotic.

Did I mention the sand? Cooper tasted one bite and decided that it was better between the toes than in the mouth. "The bigs" chased, dug, ran, buried, rolled, climbed and tumbled down sand hills until I wondered how they'd ever have the strength to stand up again.

It was a totally impromptu trip... but one DEFINITELY orchestrated by God. More of that later. I just love that they are still talking about that day. No TV, friends, playdates, or video games. Just water, wind.... and SAND.

1 comment:

Susan said...

looks like you all had a great day! I love pics from the beach! Smiles