Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Winter Swim Medalists


Our first winter swim league meet here in North Carolina was so much fun! It was smaller, shorter, and far less stressful than the big SWAC extravaganzas... and it was just what Claire's self esteem needed to keep going.


All told, Emma, Claire and Grayson brought home fifteen ribbons and two bronze medals. Emma came in fourth place in her division and had several personal bests times. It was a tough pill for her to swallow... given the whole sibling rivalry thing... but a great life lesson.


More than their performances, we were really proud of how everyone on their team conducted themselves. As a kid-pusher for Grayson's age group, I was prepared to get my "Mom voice" out... but never had to. All the kids were respectful and well behaved.


Often, you learn far more than just sports by being on a team. Great job!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello!This was a really outstanding post!I come from itlay, I was luck to discover your website in wordpress Louboutin Shoes Also I get much in your Topics really thank your very much i will come again